View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2109781)   #17
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMadness
Can't see there being too may cars racing. I agree with Ricky Bobby's comments on an earlier post and think a 2 litre class is a better idea if variety is what you want. This opens up the class to alot more cars whether they are 1600/1800/2 litre 16v.

You could still run a 1600 16v in this class and be competitive. These are only my personal feelings.
If by 2 litre you mean what is now Division 2, I think you'd struggle to make a 1600 competitive against the cars in that. They'll be allowed diffs and some engine mods now, so the gap will open up more, I think.

I don't think the stock hatch class is particularly designed with variety in mind. Variety's good in other classes, but in a class where the emphasis is on identical performance and very close racing it makes things more complicated to have too many different cars. The cars mentioned already - 206, 207, Lupo, Saxo, C2, 106 etc. - should provide enough variety to interest fans and close enough racing to keep them on the edge of their seats! Some of them will look pretty good too.

Personally, I think the idea of modernising the stock hatch class is a good one. Although it will make the cars slightly more expensive, it should certainly improve the image of the class considerably, and sponsors may well be more interested in more modern and tidy cars. As the BRDA gradually fade the older cars out, second-hand versions of these newer cars will become cheaper and more available. It will be a natural progression, I think.