View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3812269)   #186
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, I've run out of patience for Claire and Williams in general. They like to preach the old school quality of the team and how they are the real F1, yet they are propped up a boy racer and his daddy's wallet. Stroll is quicker than the average bloke but an F1 leader he is not. Doubt he'll ever have a real shot of winning outside of a fluke rain or other shortened event with a strategy that puts him in the right place at the right time.
I have never understood this POV at all. If I want to spend a hundred million for my son to race why shouldn't I be able to and forget the argument he is keeping some super duper mega talented driver out because if the driver is so good sponsors will come to him so I don't buy it at all. It's my money and I want to spend it my way, not yours or anyone else's.

Now we can look at what has happened since Stroll decided to go motor racing from the start to F1, he has injected a shed load of money into the sport, kept a lot of people in jobs I dare say and possibly even saved Williams from going under because he put his hand in his pocket and sponsored his son's racing. A lot of people are still employed because of it and I have to ask where the problem is.