View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1981732)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maybe that was the car Colin V entered in '81 for a few rounds then?

Back to the CC cars though and I don't quite know why there's such a dearth of info from the period? The Rovers, even in Grp 1 form seem to stir a lot of pics, info and memories.

Then again, the Capris changed hands so many times and then a lot had been hacked about I guess it's difficult to know what's what!

Unless we can start to pick up the pace on the stories and memories we'll struggle to build up the chassis thread much. So far I reckon we've only got 3-4 CC Capri chassis numbers: Jeff Allam's 1978 BP CC3, now in Ade Vickers hands; Vince Woodman's CC20, which Brian Chatfield bought, Ric Wood later restored and is now privately owned and unraced, and an ex Gordon Spice car that Chatfield bought at the same time as the Woodman car that Dave Thomas now owns but we don't yet know the chassis number for!!

That leaves at least 15-20 remaining!!

Where's all the people that raced them in modsloons in the mid 80's - surely they'll know who they bought their cars off like Dave Streather, Colin Woodcock (and sons?).

Didn't Skid Scarborugh run an ex CC Woodman car in Modsaloons for a while as well?