View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2174363)   #68
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Excellent Jesper, thanks for that informative post about Capris in Denmark in the early mid 80's. We've needed some overseas input to help develop the thread and I hope we get some French and Belgian experts to give us a hand on here too.

Your last point could be key to identifying a number of ex CC built cars and I would agree with you that a good number of those 5 you mention could well have come from Kirkbymoorside in England where CC was based.

To reiterate, what we do know is that 20, possibly even 25 CC MK III 3.0 cars were built between 1977-82. Dave Cook once told me that most of the cars were built for Group 1 customers in Europe like the French and Belgian championships for people like the Martin brothers, Alain Semoulain, Michel De Deyne, Alain Peltier etc, but it's highly likely that the Danish cars could have been bought from these people as well as from Britain?

Jesper is there any chance you have any pics of the cars? You mention colour schemes of some of the cars and liveries sometimes offer clues in the 'flesh' as to a cars origin, even if sponsor logos change.

Cars also ended up in the Far East and many ex Grp 1 cars appeared in Macau Guia Touring Car races in the period too. I suspect some of those 'various vintage' cars may have had interesting histories!

Last edited by chunterer; 6 Jan 2009 at 13:14.