View Single Post
Old 2 May 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3730618)   #55
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I guess that's really it with me; it's the kid that doesn't belong.

Grass and at least one tree would make it prettier, too. It's a modern, clean testament to how well man can build "things", something that most, if not all modern circuits seem to have. Many older circuits and Barber are incorporated into the surrounding landscape; this looks like was dropped out of the sky over top of the landscape.

Checking out the overhead views, I see an amphitheater, which I've not noticed before and is really cool, but doesn't help with anything on track.

Some rendering showing actual trees; guess they were axed during value engineering, not that they would help with anything on track.

Yes, the base of the tower forms the roof of the amphitheater stage, like a giant metal mullet. It's pretty cool!

They planted plenty of trees and they are still very young, but it's the Texas prairie! The biggest of trees is maybe 20-30ft tall and a bit scraggly. They need more artificial shade. If you look under the bridges during a sunny race, you will see those areas packed with people.

It's the nicest track I've ever been to but is more akin to going to a ballpark than a racetrack (even Nascar). Combine that with the expense, distance from the track, and other issues folks have mentioned, and I don't see myself making a return visit. Maybe the F1 bug will bite again one day, but until then, I'll spend my money at the crusty old places.