Old 30 Jan 2010, 04:22 (Ref:2622125)   #57
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
Round 13 of 13 of the 1989 Esso RAC British Touring Car Championship held on Sunday October 8th 1989 over 15 laps of the 4,778 kms Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.
I had a watch of the review video, and I've compiled what I think should be the grid order. Murray Walker said there were 35 cars, but I only count 34:

Pos.NameCar
1Karl JonesFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
2Andy RouseFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
3Robb GravettFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
4Chris HodgettsFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
5Mike SmithFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
6Guy EdwardsFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
7Tim HarveyFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
8Graham GoodeFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
9Laurence BristowFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
10Dave BrodieFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
11Sean WalkerFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
12Mike NewmanFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
13James WeaverBMW M3
14Jerry MahonyFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
15Frank SytnerBMW M3
16 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
17John ClelandVauxhall Astra GTE 16V
18Godfrey HallBMW M3
19John LlewellynBMW M3
20Ian ForrestBMW M3
21John ClarkBMW M3
22 BMW M3
23Ray ArmesHonda Civic
24 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
25Louise Aitken-WalkerVauxhall Astra GTE 16V
26Jeremy RossiterVauxhall Astra GTE 16V
27Mike O'BrienFord Sierra Cosworth RS500
28Les LiddiardToyota Corolla AE82 Hatch
29John MorrisVolkswagen Golf GTi 16V
30Nick MayMaserati Biturbo
31Tony CrudgingtonToyota Corolla AE86 Liftback
32Tony LanfranchiVauxhall Astra GTE 16V
33Geoff Kimber-SmithToyota Corolla AE86 Liftback
34Tony DolleyToyota Corolla AE82 Hatch

Cleland failed to move away at the start of the parade lap and didn't start rolling until after everyone else had passed him, so he started from the back. However, he moved to the tail end of the 'odd' side of the grid, so Cleland actually started from 33rd, with everyone else on the odd side behind him moving ahead a row.

The two Drury Sierras are impossible to tell apart in the grid shots on my copy, but I think it was likely Dooley that started in 16th with Hepworth in 24th. This assumption is based on the fact that Dooley is shown running near Godfrey Hall during the race.

The BMW M3 that is 22nd on the grid is red, so that suggests either Nettan Lindgren or Alan Minshaw, more likely the Demon Tweeks M3 since it also had yellow signwriting.

Nick May must have struck troubles during the race, as he was running on his own when he was being lapped early in the race. As Jerry Mahony lapped May on the entry to Stowe, the Sierra driver moved to resume his line, only to find the Maserati still occupying the space to his left. The contact led Mahony to spin into the gravel into retirement. The on-board camera footage suggested that Mahony felt the Maserati driver was to blame, but the exterior shots showed that Mahony was being a bit optimistic in moving over when he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
My question is, as I'm a little confused as how to read this article, did Dave Brodie have his appeal overturned and thus lost his Thruxton win?
Yep, I read it the same way. Brodie lost his Thruxton win and, since he was using illegal fuel at both Thruxton rounds, I assume he also lost his 14th place from Round 5 as well.