View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2019, 08:35 (Ref:3907827)   #279
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Even without the yellows, I struggle to watch races at Paul Ricard tbh. It's just an awful circuit to watch racing at. I don't understand why ELMS doesn't race at Le Mans Bugatti given the Le Mans links. I'd much rather see Blancpain elsewhere too. But this discussion has been going on for years and nothing changes.
I get what you say about Paul Ricard. I don't like it that much either as a race track.

At first I was happy they used the full Mistral straight, but the further into the race we got the more I thought the chicane halfway would have been better.

Nothing really happened on the straight anaway, and the full length only enabled cars with a higher top speed to pull away, even taking away the passing opportunity at Signes.

e.g: Bentley versus the 2 Rowe Porsches. The Porsches were as quick anywhere on the track, and quicker at places where you can't overtake. Come the Mistral the Bentley just got away leaving the Porsche just no opportunity to even try.

Of course, that's BOP, but witrh a chicane the Porsches might have been closer at the end of Mistral.

All in all that was not a brilliant race, even though it had its moments.