View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3943341)   #112
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing Andy . The only difference possibly is that the Monoposto competitors don't use the original Formula Three engines but have replaced them with more road based Vauxhall , Toyota and Zetec engines .

And this could be the problem with the HSCC's new series and also why there hasn't been a Formula 3000 series . There should be loads of chassis around but are the engines available ? The Ralts and Reynards of the late eighties and early nineties provided a healthy field for the Club F3 series ( or its equivalent then ) before Dallaras took over and since then I can only recall Geoff Hoodless and his March 813 challenging the Dallara hordes .

I wonder if this series is being seen as a home for the Pre 1984 Formula Ford 2000s that have struggled to find a home since moving from the BARC to the HSCC ? On the Historic FF2000 website a few people have posted that they have been rebuilding late model FF2000s so this series would provide a home for them .

I sincerely hope this series does prosper but apart from the FF2000s I'm struggling to see where the entries are coming from .