View Single Post
Old 16 May 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3904090)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has this hybrid tech been explored? (my idea)

One thing I thought of with all this hybrid tech was has anyone developed a wind / fan hybrid.

In my mind when a car is moving along its generating a lot of potential wind energy, so why not use that by having a wind turbine attached to the car which can spin and then generate power for the battery (which can then be in turn used for the "power").

I am not speaking about attaching windmills to the outside of the car or anything quite so bonkers, but having fans say behind the "bumper" which when wind is generated they start to spin. I was thinking of a air scoop at the front of the car which then narrows thus speeding up the airflow which would then direct itself onto a fan, or series of fans. I'd imagine a 50-70mph gust would generate a reasonable amount of power...?

It may have already been explored and then discounted or there are potential issues which would prevent it front working, but its not something ive yet seen.