View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2019, 05:36 (Ref:3924928)   #77
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting, please correct me if I’ve got this wrong, but it appears that a car being towed on an A-frame is classed as a trailer, so has to conform to the regulations on brakes, as well as lighting etc.? Seems a few countries have decided to simply ban them completely, while others are hesitating / ignoring.....

Suggestion is that if the ‘trailer’ weight is below 750kg all up then it doesn’t have to have brakes, same as a normal trailer. I think that justifies early Smart cars and French quadricycles only! I’ve seen more than one Jeep Cherokee being towed on an A-frame, admittedly usually behind an American RV , and the RV rental people usually tow their van behind when delivering, so that the driver can return to base.

BTW the ‘dolly’ used by recovery people is only legal for just that- emergency recovery.

And a new way of transporting your race car is being trialled in the UK.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...in-aberystwyth

Last edited by Mike Bell; 31 Aug 2019 at 05:43.