View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3387342)   #91
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I went on the Saturday and Sunday. I'm a massive Brands Hatch fan, and have been since I first went in 1997. The view from Paddock grandstand is possibly the finest in motorsport. Anyway, enough of my love affair with Brands, the racing was pretty good in all three BTCC races. Driving standards seemed to be fairly good, although I think both the Honda drivers have proved once again that they can't pass cars without making contact, which was a bit of a shame for Turkington who was on the receiving end both times.

I heard a mention that there is already moaning about the BMW RWD start advantage. Now several years ago Mr Plato (and possibily others) was doing the same thing, moaning about the 320 S2000 starting ability and then TOCA made WSR change the gearing to hamstring the cars ability to get good starts. I really hope something similar doesn't happen to the WSR cars on this occasion. If they do penalise them in some way, I hope there is a sweetener to even the balance out, maybe a softer tyre for the BMWs to use or better protection from being turned around through contact...? I don't think having a RWD car is the advantage some people think. They take longer to warm the front tyres, they are more likely to spin as a result of contact and to be honest the races aren't really long enough for them to play their tyre preservation card.