View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3213862)   #37
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old Veterans Unite!

Hi everyone! I had a lovely letter from Richard Long today, and will answer it as soon as I get a sec' . I must say that memories come flooding back when I hear what Richard says about those wonderful EARLY days. To clarify what he was on about, when he said about winding each other up, and the fans taking sides. It was a set-up between us, and we would do all sorts of things to wind up the fans, and the press. OK, so we were young, and out for publicity, which we got in shed loads, but it got a bit out of hand, when someone that ran a store, stopped stocking my sponsors products because of of something I said, that got printed in MN.....BUT! fortunately for me, SWISH saw this as great publicity. I don't know if anyone recalls the sort of stuff we got up to? Of course the Autosport and Motoring News loved it, and we had the crowds taking sides, which was brilliant, and if the truths known both Richard and I loved every minute of it. Happy days. Just to remind you of what we looked like back then, I will attempt to put a picture on the page. Bless you Richard, thanks for the memories of a fantastic time in my racing career. Gerry.
Attached Thumbnails
Down the Devils Elbow Mallory Park 1972.jpg