View Single Post
Old 23 May 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3735471)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In answer to the question of why is it so hard - some of it is down the fact that people don't like living near the noise of a race circuit. As a result, the circuits are located away from normal centres of population, and so other than race day there would be little demand for public transport to the locations of tracks.

What can be done about it? - A difficult question because you will be asking for venues to invest in transport infrastructure that they are the only customer - much cheaper to rent fields and host parking there.

In your situation, one thing that might be worth doing is when you have an event you want to attend - see if someone else on here is travelling from/past your location?

In fact - I wonder whether the site organisers here might consider hosting 'car-pool' threads for UK based events? A place where people can arrange to share transport and in turn reduce the overall burden on venues for parking?