View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3882062)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Belle Vue that people went to in the 80's is not the same venue, that was New Road, this is Hyde Road I think.

This is the old dog track and speedway track that replaced it when it became a car auction site. Much smaller, awful viewing as it has flat grass banks, but provides good racing due to the layout.

There is NO chance of it being stopped, surrounded by houses and industry. It is a good venue, but I will not be sad to see it go because the promoter who runs it has all the bank holiday F1 stock car meetings tied up there, and never has them anywhere else!

Saying that, he will keep them and run them at his other venues like Sheffield and Stoke.

Being serious, inner city venues and ones near populated places are not likely to stay open, they don't make enough money to warrant staying there, the land is usually worth millions to developers and the people running them can rarely find a good reason to stop them being sold when millions are danged in front of them.

the sport is moving east, has been for years, where there is more space, less demand on it and less people.

I think BV is owned by the greyhound racing group or something, so it will certainly be sold.