View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3788357)   #2101
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
No, the joker requires a manufacturer to actually go out and develop a kit. BoP simply adds or removes a from a set of variables and is dictated purely through the governing body. Just because something is balanced, or balancing, does not make it Balance of Performance.

I just think the article is click-bait. There's literally no change to the LMP2 regulations except aero has been added to the list of things they're allowed to change. To have the headline "LMP2 Subject to BoP Adjustments" suggests it's something new to the class and something that's actively happening.

Yes you can make the argument that 1 adjustment is BoP, but that's a matter of opinion and I disagree that that isn't exactly what BoP is. However the rest of it is just click bait...again.

I generally have no problem with BoP. But I'd like things reported accurately and honestly. Remember that these provisions existed in the previous generation LMP2 regulations as well and were never used despite large performance gaps. That's how much of a non-event this is.
Sorry, we will just have to disagree on that! They balanced the cars performance against one another, period. = BoP.

L.P.