View Single Post
Old 14 May 2018, 03:57 (Ref:3822256)   #34
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I don't think I'll bother watching more IndyCar races this year besides the 500. That was pretty dreadful.
It wasn't the best IndyCar race. But that is because it was more like an f1 race, without all the driver drama/intrigue/soap opera stuff that makes it better. F1-style track, little passing, different tire strategies providing only passing, just like different tire compounds or drs providing only passing in f1.

Really, the race would have been much mkre interesting if broadcast by nbcsn. That ABC crew is dreadful. No emotion, description, nothing. Just matter-of-fact "this just happened" and move on, and two ex-drivers, who unlike Paul Tracy and Townsend bell, rather than poking fun at each other and themselves, seem to be stuffy, and dry about their careers. Feels like the broadcast is something only acceptable 20 years ago. The weird female voice over for rejoins that have no reason to be there, constant commercials, infomercial for the Indy 500.... Ugh I was getting angry at them rather than enjoying the race. And if that wasn't enough, these killjoys had to spoil the results of the f1 race twice, as opposed to Leigh diffey making a point on numerous occasions to not spoil the results of other races. So not only did they minimize the enjoyment of this race, but also of the f1 race, of which I have not watched yet.

Moral of the story: race wasn't the best, but had its intrigue. Was presented terribly, and can't be criticized if you turn around and then watch f1. At least in IndyCar there are 10 legitimate title contenders.