View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3835893)   #1494
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Cheers Grant, there were a few "opposite lock moments" at Redgate; one ,"Damn, I braked much too late at Coppice" and one "*&$%"! that sausage kerb at the chicane is really fierce, hope I haven't damaged the sump" moment at the chicane!

I think I may have half seen the Coppice action. Well recovered I thought.

Usually it's a bit more active than it was last night, though to be fair track day sessions tend to have fewer gravel visitors than race days. The Caterfield like device that managed a rather elegant shedding of its front left into Coppice didn't make it as far as the gravel, although its wheel did. All studs seemed to be present so perhaps the nuts came undone under braking.

There was a V8 BMW that seemed keen on power oversteer - as near as you could get to drifting really - that seemed intent on having an incident but so far as I know managed to avoid one.

Sadly Redgate is hopeless as a photography location these days unless trackside. Or on the infield in the morning when the sun is better located. Nasty "industrial" backdrop though. I even tried snapping it from the new grandstand a couple of weeks back but didn't think much of the results. I got the height to see over the fence but the distance was too great. Maybe if I spent about £17k on a modern long lens and a new camera body there might be something good to capture. Difficult to justify, sadly.