Thread: Help???
View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3338775)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First thing I'd think about is what interests you the most? What exactly do you want to do?

Second, the off road world is nothing to sneeze at. As I found myself that's a growth area in the automotive sector. Dakar style racing and other off road racing/rallying is popular around the world and in the road car side you've got a large amount of off road enthusiasts and a thriving market for aftermarket products. At least in my experience from what I have seen is people with good experience and knowledge in off road engineering and ability are fewer and far between whereas I can walk out in the parking lot and kick over a rock and find a mechanic to service an junior formula open wheel car.

In addition, get all the experience and education you can because markets and the business world changes. What might be important now might be useless or less important 10 years from now. I think also a diversity of experiences helps one overcome issues and be more creative. People that get too specialized I find end up not being able to see the woods from the trees.