View Single Post
Old 18 May 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3407607)   #267
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well the bit where it mentions "reinforcement of the RD 140 and 139 asphalt shoulders between Mulsanne, Arnage and the "Virage Porsche" 450,000 €" doesn't make a mention of when the work is expected to be completed. As they talk of 2014 Syndicat Mixte investments I'm sure the tarmac-addons will be -unfortunately- carried out this year, but maybe it's for later in the year.

IMO if I had the choice, I'd rather see these changes right now than delay the inevitable for next year and be frustrated by it then. Better to get it out of the way than look at the unspoiled grass/gravel this year and know it'll be ruined in 12 months time.

Going back to the chicanes - I re-read the article and the to-be-modified-for-safety chicanes in question actually really are the Mulsanne chicanes. In a way I'm pleased by that as they're already filled with unneccessary amount of tarmac runoff -> it cannot really be ruined any further. My guess would be moving back the walls of the first chicane to prevent the likes of Audi 2012 collisions...
I'll try to get some informations about these works but even if I live here, if you don't know the anyone working at the ACO or around, it's difficult to get them. To be continued.