View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2018, 02:56 (Ref:3800401)   #99
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No one is suggesting we get rid of multi class racing. Just getting rid of one of the classes, like we have got rid of other classes in recent years.

I didnt hear one driver in a GT3 cars announce that they enjoyed dealing with the slower cars. the common response was "the traffic makes it difficult, but it something you have to deal with". No one at all said" i enjoy passing the same car every 6 laps" (last year it was every 5 laps, not one person or poster has said they missed having the slower cars)

Because of that im suggesting you dont actually care and will make no difference to your interest. However it might reduce safety cars thus causing less people to become jaded like masked racer has mentioned
Since I engineer in blancpain Asia which has gt3 and GT4 and Asian Le man's which until this season had the slower CN cars, so I have a pretty good idea of driver opinions of the slower machinery from both sides of the story.

The teams have no interest in limiting the amount of cars of either class and I've noticed dealt with a driver who would prefer reducing the variety, because they're endurance drivers and it's part and parcel of endurance racing.