View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3285404)   #20
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I firmly believe FIA Did play with the equivalency before Toyota announced its intent to enter the sereis---in fact I firmly beklieve Toyota execs approached FIA execs and said, "Keep tweaking if you want a third team in WEC."

FIA had been dialing back diesels for quite a while, after even the most casual fan noticed that the diesels had an impossible advantage.

The new regs are Entirely new. I do not doubt at all that if it turns out FIA didn't get some of the equivalencies right they will revisit them, Ferrari or not.

Would they give Ferrari a huge break? I doubt it. Even though we all talk about the huge breaks Audi got, we seem not to talk about the fact that Peugeot, a French team, got those same breaks. In fact, Diesels got huge breaks, not any specific team.

I doubt FIA would help out Ferrari because there would be too many other teams involved---how could FIA help Just Ferrari? If FIA made blatantly specific pro-Ferrari rules, it would cause massive problems with the other teams, and if they just boosted energy equivalency to help petrol cars, Porsche and Toyota would also benefit.