View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3739027)   #51
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a rather long article about Carey/Liberty's approach for the future of F1's TV and digital media coverage.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...d-prix-913505/

not much new info here other then a reaffirmation that they are looking at all platforms (FTA, PayTV, digital, multi devices) which is great but still light on the details.

one thing that caught me was a mention of a hypothetical price point for a premium subscription package.

"We haven't priced it yet, but let's say, for example, 10 bucks a month to access that package.

over the years this is an approach i have favoured (even advocated for) but in today's current environment of content/streaming options, $10/mos can buy you far more content a month to consume then F1 could possibly provide (think a monthly netflix subscription for example).

in all likely hood i would pay for a premium subscription, but i wonder if they have waited too long to implement this and if their price point hypothetical is too high for it to be successful enough to maintain and/or produce the necessary new content required to make it worth while in the first place.

i look forward to the inevitable comments about how some will never pay for F1!