Old 9 Aug 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3564835)   #47
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That was good fun at the Glen. Did not disappoint.
#7 Regan Smith, hmmm, those post race actions won't help
his career path. Kinda looked like a mad man on a rampage.

Points race still tight with the top 3.
Didn't watch the race, but saw the "fight" on a post race show. Don't know whether it will hurt Smith's career or not. Have heard different versions of the incident, according to who was interviewed as to who was at fault. It looked like it was going to be a real fight, like back in the old days (50s/60s) instead of like the slapping and pushing matches that are seen today! Glad I didn't watch it. Beside the fact that I do not like road-racing, from what I've read and heard, it was completely dominated by the Sprint Cup drivers, particularly by Penske's Sprint Cup team drivers! I'm sorry, it just isn't right. So many Sprint Cup drivers competing in these races, especially, with their Sprint Cup teams, pit crews and big money sponsors have ruined the Xfinity Series! It's nothing more that Sprint Cup Lite, a Sprint Cup Driver Benefit race! A Sprint Cup driver or two, competing in an Xfinity car, with Xfinity pit crew, once and a while is okay, but when 7 to 10 Sprint Cup drivers compete, practically every race, using their full time Sprint Cup teams, pit crews and sponsors, it ruins the whole race! No wonder this series no longer draws big crowds or big TV numbers, like it did in the early 90s. It has completely lost it's identity.