View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4079919)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I was at Silverstone all weekend, keeping an eye on Paul Dolan who was taking part in the Birkett on Saturday, and catching up with my CSCC friends on Sunday. On Saturday we were able to wander around pretty much anywhere - spent some time at the entrance to Stowe - there were some amazing closing speeds there as the Radicals etc, that were 30 seconds a lap quicker than the slowest cars, came diving down under the brakes - often with a gaggle of six or seven cars all arriving at the corner at once....seemed to be very good driving standards, though

On Sunday for CSCC, again huge grids, although several were not quite full after last-minute withdrawals, and as Mike says some superbly presented cars. I also agree his comments about viewing opportunities....the grandstand overlooking Abbey and Farm was available, but apart from that the end of the Wing was about the only viewing spot. Having had a long weekend, and having to tow Paul's car back up North, we didn't stay to the end - milady was suffering in the bitter winds sweeping Silverstone's flatlands, too, but I see that in what would have been my race (Future Classics), there seems to have been a collective brain fade, with seven cars penalised for pit-stop duration infringements, and the second place car DQ'd for failing to comply with a red-flag signal!