View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2018, 05:50 (Ref:3855083)   #153
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
(A) Changing the regulations so that cars are less affected by one another is fairly straightforward from a technical perspective (c.f. F2). (B)The resultant cars would in no way represent anything other than the fastest possible cars designed to a set of regulations, as they are currently, (C)they would hopefully and by design be able to run more closely together and race though.
'Pretty much agree with your analysis of the situation, but:

(A) They've already been there (I've been an avid F1 fan since 1967) and nothing was different.

(B) Aggreed, as they've always been. It's the showcase of auto racing excellence.

(C) They never have. Only by coincidence, or collaboration, or spec,or BoPing will designs by 10 (or whatever number) different mega-million $$$ teams be "equal" to put on your desired "show". I've seen "my" show all year, (and every year). The competition between Ferrari and Mercedes has been excellent. Back and forth all year long, no? Heck, with a tad of Red Bull thrown in to boot; and a coople of others honorable mention. Fantastic..

Last time....IndyCar already exists for those that need mandatory "close" competition open wheel racing on the track. You'll still be watching the same top three (Penske, Andretti, and Ganassi) dominate, however.

I realize I'm in the minority here, and I kind of like the fresh air and space....

And Vettel flubs it again, ehh? (Oooopppsss...'forgot what thread this was, in Japan.)

jimclark