View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3942246)   #15
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That was likely part of the motivation to eschew/alter some of the details. For instance, dramatic effect is likely the best explanation for the disagreement between Fitch & Neubauer; as far as I know, they agreed on withdrawing, but Neubauer had to wait for approval from the Mercedes board before doing so.

The only choice that I wasn't fond of was the sticks that represented bones, despite knowing what they were, it took a couple of seconds for it to register. Apart from that, the film did a great job at capturing the immediate aftermath of the accident.

I believe it has been shortlisted for the Best Animated Short Film Oscar by way of winning a prize on the film circuit. I doubt it will win, but I wish for the best.

As I mentioned, if it brings awareness to history and such, I'm all for it. But there's already some straight up documentaries out there. This can maybe be compared to Ford vs Ferrari compared to an actual documentary about LM '66.