View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4061243)   #5586
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Pagenaud is currently sixth in the championship, only 34 points behind Newgarden. His status in the team reminds me of Al Unser's in the mid 1980s. I am having trouble thinking of who is available for next season and could be expected to do a better job than Pagenaud. Grosjean might be a possibility if he was willing to do a full season, but the ovals would be a question mark. Ferrucci? I don't see him as fitting the typical Penske driver profile but he has performed pretty well with second tier teams. Who do you see as a possible?
I don't think they would replace pagenaud. They would drop to 3 cars, like they did a few years ago after dropping Montoya and castroneves into sportscars. In a couple years when power is up for another contract, then they may need a third, but by then the options will be different. Maybe herta would jump from andretti if andretti isnt up to championship level. I guess by that point veekay would still be a young option, too.

I really just hope they surprise me and keep pagenaud for a couple more years, see if he can go for one more championship, then shift him over to sports cars, since I can pull for him there too, haha.