Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3923443)   #547
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Silverstone was losing money under the old F1 deal, it wasn’t a money-maker at all, that’s why they activated the break clause. The WEC dropping/adding wasn’t Silverstone’s doing. On the contrary, I suspect WEC is one of the very few large profitable race events they have (alongside MotoGP, the Classic, WRX and possibly BTCC).
I forgot about the Moto GP race! That surely is a big event that rivals F1 in attendance. In the articles I read, they don't get subsidies from the local government for the F1 race. So they are footing most of the bill. It seems like that is the main contributing factor in the track losing money. Even though they raised the ticket prices it seems they are losing money still. I would like to know the price of tickets for the WEC race this year vs. last. You're getting less racing so is the ticket prices reflecting that? That'd be interesting to know.