View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1476968)   #768
John McIlroy
Rookie

John McIlroy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incidentally, regarding 'placing myself in the firing line', I never had a problem with coming on here to discuss the magazine. I always found ten-tenths the most rational of all discussion forums, in fact.

As regards 'can only do better than Mcilroy', my spell as editor has been, and will, in future, be judged not only on editorial content, but also (particularly within Haymarket) on the magazine's performance on the newsstand. Regardless of what some people thought of the content, and given their relative ignorance of the circumstances and infrastructure which everyone on the magazine has to cope with, I have reason to take great pride in both areas.

It is worth noting that this thread was started well over a year ago, and yet the total number of views is still fewer than the amount of issues that Autosport sells each week, on the British newsstand alone. Given that we are, I presume, all interested in motorsport, that any magazine based around our chosen sphere can still sell that many copies on a weekly basis is encouraging.

On the subject of Gary Watkins, incidentally, I found him a professional, dedicated and enthusiastic member of the editorial team, and greatly enjoyed working with him.

Regards to all as usual,

John