Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3740632)   #2700
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't think the racing was much better before hybrids. You only had two teams competing for wins just like now (in the ILMC). Except they had diesel engines. In the ALMS it was a rule tweak and some more power for lmp2's that kept them with the R10's. Then when Audi left ALMS, it was Acura vs Porsche for a little bit until that was gone. Then you had the occasional p1 battle with Dyson vs the Acura with the latter cleaning up most the time. Now you got the same Cadillac winning, even if it starts at the rear of the prototypes The more things change, the more they stay the same!
Agreed. IMSA had some decent racing, but lets remember they balanced those P2s with the R10s to get that racing. And it was a bit fake anyway, because even when the Porsche P2s won, the Audis still got full points because it was a different class. So you might've had decent racing, but it was forced, and not fighting over anything.

I do think that WEC is providing better racing with the P1s than LMS did with the P1s back in the day. LMS was good, but some of the racing we've had recently is madness. But I also think we've got better racing all the way through. Remember how poor LMP2/LMP675 was a decade ago, and now how close it is.