View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3674148)   #40
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Sadly there seemed to be quite a few casualties from the practice session; Crooks and Easterbrook both disappeared early and Simon Horton lunched his rear diff!

Yeah, been a couple of years since we had a sunny August round at Lydden!

No worries: it's a pity the whole work thing stops me from getting my pictures sorted sooner.

(And, yet again, I failed to make it up to the Retro tent!)
Steve, you're not wrong about early casualties. There was also Mike Boak whose Audi TT I saw in the paddock but not on track. There was also Mark Flaherty who had a double whammy in that his Focus supercar died early in the day but was unable to use his MG Metro 6R4 on track as it was on static display and not entered for competition. Not many drivers had two cars present they couldn't use!!

Had wondered what happened to Simon Horton. Sadly Mad Mark didn't show the turn of speed he had earlier in the season but was delighted to see Steve Hill more competitive than I've ever seen. Hope this means the Evo X is becoming more developed? Expensive way to be an also-ran otherwise!

Thanks again for your input. Hope to catch you at another meeting. The Retros aren't heading to Pembrey so next meeting with the display will be the Croft weekend in October. Cheers, Steve