View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3857824)   #23
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I visited the museum today and spent a pleasant hour or two there. My focus was the historics (F1 cars from the 2000's to today do nothing much for me and there're quite a number of these in the collection!); I loved the F5000s, F3's (McLaren, Roger Williamson cars). My highlights were the Vanwalls (wow!) and the 60s Grand Prix cars. The BRMs looked resplendent (I would have paid the £12 just to see these) as did the Cosworth 4-wheel drive Grand Prix car. I thought there would have been more Grand Prix cars from the 60s and early 70s but there's actually only a handful.

One thing I hadn't realised was how much the military collection seems to dominate the museum (maybe it's my perception and if I were to actually count them, they probably aren't that many proportionally) but it felt like a bit too many if you ask me. I would have thought that sort of thing belonged to Duxford or the Imperial War Musuem. To my non-expert eye, they all looked rather similar too. What's the point? Storage? Still, I'm glad I went!
Wan't the military vehicle thing Kevin Wheatcroft's interest/preference which may account for the quantity? I've still got plans to get there some time in its last week of opening.