View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3857900)   #25
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£12 to get in?

It used to be much less than that but I suppose a few years have passed.

For several years, once a year, the access to club AGM in the Senna Suite was via the museum entrance so one got a chance to see what was there on the way to and from the AGM.

The military stuff was not much in evidence in the original museum. There were usually a few special older car displays near the entrance. I recall when one of the only 6 (iirc) Bugatti Royale examples was auctioned for a then world record price it was on display in the first hall for several months not long after the auction.

As for the 60's GP cars - there were a lot of Coopers around at one time. Whether owned or loaned (or stored) I don't know - but the number dwindled a few years ago (or at least seemed to). Pretty much around the time that racing old GP cars became especially popular as a few hard core racers became wealthy enough and interested enough to have a wide ranging fleet of investment racers at their disposal and the market sought out formerly dormant examples.

These days it may be cheaper to build a replica?