View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3950824)   #167
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's a disappointing entry with no local guest entries. There's also 6-car non-championship support series for local Australian prototypes which could've easily been integrated to the grid (or at least invited them, much as with the Porsche Cup at Shanghai 2018) instead of making it utterly pointless like this

Anyway, of course our hearts should be with the awful fires roaming on the other parts of the continent
There's actually a few locals racing in both LMP3 and LMP2 - by my count 6-7 I think. No "all Oz" cars though.

The local prototypes are Radicals and Wolf primarily, combined with production cars. The local "prototypes" are not set up for in-race refuelling as a starting point and I think that this by itself has stopped any consideration of adding them to the ALMS field.