View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3041293)   #21
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As has been mentioned numerous times on here, the negatives for the Canberra race were its poor choice of a winter month which not only lent itself to freezing conditions, but the track location itself whilst picturesque sits next to Lake Burley Griffin which either brings the fog factor into the equation or a freezing cold wind off the water. The track itself was far too narrow and i remember listening to Glenn Seton screaming out during an on board cross '' i passed him , i passed him '' like it was some sort of miracle. Unfortunately with the exception of the '' Summernats '' Canberrans in general don't seem up for anything that goes faster than an Action bus and would rather attend Floriade or something that requires a blanket and a glass of chardonay. Many Canberrans have become frustrated since the drag strip was put to bed many years ago , so an out of town motor sport facility including a race track and drag strip may be an option although the current Government down here would rather spend a fortune on outrageously expensive and ugly road side art and multi cultural events.