View Single Post
Old 26 May 2011, 13:31 (Ref:2886171)   #39
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With only 2 weeks to go until le Grand Prix du Canada, it's time to revive this thread. I'm looking forward to my first Montreal F1 race since 2008 (no race in 2009 and I went to Le Mans in 2010). Here's an article from the Montreal Gazette about preparations for the race and the man who replaced Normand Legault as promoter.

Sodden spring turns to speed
F1 Grand Prix organizers battle elements, but expect summer madness to begin in earnest
By DAVE STUBBS, The Gazette May 26, 2011 7:32 AM

MONTREAL - A springtime that's required more rust remover than sunscreen has been a soggy inconvenience for François Dumontier.

In two weeks time, Dumontier will welcome 300,000-plus of his closest friends to Île Notre Dame's Parc Jean Drapeau for the 42nd Canadian Grand Prix. And Formula One racing cares not at all about lousy weather or a race promoter's headaches because of it...

Montreal's Canadian Grand Prix has forever been a popular stop for F1 teams because of the track's proximity to a vibrant, cosmopolitan city, the passion of the fans and the unpredictability of a race which is never the start-to-finish processional seen on many ultramodern, superbland circuits...

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1NStGkppj