Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 16 May 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3904174)   #3558
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ok, so we have a cost cap. What does it do? The whole Concord Agreement is a contract between the Teams and the Organizers. Perhaps if I use the analogy of a complex construction contract you will see my argument....
i understand the analogy but im not sure it changes anything to what is already going on?

Merc spends 450mil a year while a small team spends 150 million a year...now while we can see the difference on track of that difference of 300 million in terms of speed, reliability, handling...i dont think anyone has ever suggested that the team with the lower budget is cutting corners to the extent that they are compromising safety.

if we already know the small team can do it safely for less money why would this change if all teams had to compete at the same budget as that small team?

anyways, doesnt the FIA and FOM already share in the liability. rather haven't they have been named as defendants in more than one trial relating to the passing of a competitor. by virtue of organizing and running the event they share responsibility already no?

that the organizer accepts the responsibility for the health of its athletes is fairly common in all major sports and is currently a source of much discussions by the NFL and their players union about how they will pay for all the concussions.

as for cost overruns...allowance can be made under a soft cap scenario (used by other sports sometimes called a luxury tax) whereby overspending is taxed and with that tax money being redistributed in some fashion among those that live under the cap.

point is there are mechanisms here to deal with such things already and the way the budget cap talks are going it sounds like it will involve a better fairer distribution of funds to ensure the competitors have sufficient money to make it to the end of the season and in a safe fashion.

can any of it be properly implemented...well thats a far more difficult question to answer!