View Single Post
Old 5 May 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3243161)   #118
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Official number was 14.000.... that's pretty pityfull. ADAC GT got that much last weekend at Oschersleben.
Honestly surprised by that figure - it felt like considerably more than that.

We walked the full circuit and the only part that could be described as quiet was the far end towards Fagnes/Stavelot. Okay I suppose it's possible that it was just the same bunch of people walking around with me, but I'd be very surprised.

The level to which Toyota were investing was notable too - they had a full section in the grandstand opposite the old pits and appeared to be using the hospitality suite above the old pits extensively too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz
Spa is an interesting circuit to spectate, but only if you like a good hike.
Partially agree with that - yes it's best if you want to put the time and effort into walking the track, but there are viewpoints where you can get a lot of visibility of different parts of the track, and the signature start-Eau Rouge stretch, which never ceases to be spectacular, is essentially right by the entrances where most people come in. It's not perfect - they could do with a little more signposting, the car parking this year was only so-so (I ended up in car park 3, which I got free with the tickets) which involved a lot of clambering through forest to reach the track - and next time round (until I hear something credible I'm not going to give credence to the notion that they're giving up on Spa) I'll probably drop the 5 Euros to park in a field instead, but it's still for me the finest circuit to see sportscars do what they do best.