Thread: Body Cam
View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3826965)   #8
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Absolutely, if I was Clerking or Stewarding I would ask for the Marshal to stop recording, and if they didn't would ask for them to be stood down.
Interested in how you view a slightly different take as a Clerk Dave?

A driver pulled up on opposite side of track with a team on the outside. A lap later I had a heavy impact on the inside. During the incident I noted that the driver who had pulled up on the outside, ran down the gap behind the tyre wall and used his phone to record the entire incident we were dealing with. Unfortunately I couldn't get to him as we were still under live track (S/C) + I was busy of course, looking after our driver and clearing up the mess.

It vaguely irritated me, as effectively the driver was in a trackside position (not public area behind catch fencing). Whatever the MSA policy, I just didn't think it was "cricket" TBH. I did report it.

Does the MSA policy cover drivers trackside, or are they exempt? Has this type of scenario even been thought about?

TBF - I haven't seen the footage in the public media (yet).