View Single Post
Old 4 May 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1600504)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I had a bit of difficulty getting some of them.

The FW25 appears once in a blue moon on eBay (or did). And the FW23 and FW24's seem to be quite rare. Having said that, when they do appear they go for reasonable prices! Just a case of being patient!

As for the 2004 car, that seems to be selling for about £30, but is again quite sparse.

Ebay is flooded with the 2005 McLaren though, it seems!!!

I've got 'em all now.....just need the '99 Champcar to finish the collection!
That's excellent Knowlesy!

The Germany shop had an Hot Wheels FW25 - but the Minichamps one is far superior, and also had the 'walrus' FW26, but it was the 25 I was always after as it was JPM's should've been WDC year!

I wouldn't mind the Champcar either, i've got a Zanardi Ganassi oner (with helmet in cockpit) in that scale from either '97 or '98 - think it's a Minichamps, (but the details of the chassis ain't brilliant so probably not).

Also got JV '96 FW18 without helmet in cockpit.

Until the Montoya aquisition I hadn't bought/received a model since the Zanardi car and that was in '99. Had ordered a Greg Moore Reynard from same collection, but was advised that the supplier could never get one in? Don't know what availability was like after that.

Got a '79 Bburago Candy Tyrrell in 1:12 and a '77 Polistil 1:14 Lotus 78 (minus half a rear wing!) but i've had those since i was very little.

Bburago also had JPS & Martini Lotus same as Tyrrell but different liveries, (they cheated!) a Renault RE20, Ferrari 312T4 and something else at the time, but have never found the 2 grandee cars anywhere?

I've got to add either a Senna MP4/6 or MP4/8 to collection as well, but theyire going for at least £50 quid each which is quite dear.