View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2072641)   #12
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shrew
Correct Mike Smith did have something to do with Trackstar but i thought he had something to do with running it. I could be wrong but he was defo involved somewhere along the line. Also Sean Walker did drive for them i can certainly remember him driving the Rs500 think that must of been in 88 or 89 not sure about the saphire.
Mike Smith & Robb Gravett were the two trackstar drivers, running ex-Dick Johnson RS500's in the BTCC. Apparently, due to lack of budget, they could only afford to run the one normally aspirated car for Gravett, although it was always the plan to get Smithy out in a second car later in the year once the additional budget had been secured. (Which never materialised, or it was spent sorting all the problems out with the first car!).
Sean Walker raced an RS500 for two BTCC seasons. In 1989 the car was run by Graham Goode Racing (co-driven by Damon Hill at the two driver Donington round). In 1990, Sean Walker ran an Andy Rouse run car.