View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2053496)   #114
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I did not mean as competition to their customers Tom. I meant as support for LAA in the LMS. And maybe as technical/crew support for the other Corvette Racing/P&M customers in Europe.

L.P.
P&M is the racing "contractor" for Corvette/General Motors. In that role, of course they support privateer teams wherever they are.

That includes drivers when requested. They've said and done as much, and expect an increase in such "loans" in 2008, especially if they once again lack competition in the ALMS.

As far as getting involved in team operations with other personnel (you used the term "crew support" and implied most or all of the current P&M personnel, given your suggestion that they be replaced by crew from the Cadillac program), that seems doubtful, and very difficult to do without creating a "de facto factory team," I would think. Could they increase data analysis/management/engineering support, on a model similar to that done by engine and chassis suppliers to prototype teams? Possible, but those personnel will soon be needed to start working on "the next thing."