View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3870668)   #3235
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Any one a good idea to spot a genuine L'Tina from a De Luxe? Price tag apart…
Info here http://www.lotuscortinainfo.com/?page_id=2225 must be reliable I guess…

That info looks pretty good.....I once went looking at a Mk1 Lotus Cortina advertised in the States - a couple of mates and I were over there car-shopping, as it was the time when the exchange rate was $2 = £1 (1992) - and as my mate was interested in the LC but didn't know too much about them he asked me to check it out....

Initial impression looked OK, then I ducked down under the back - no A-frame, no radius arms......no further interest in a look-alike

He ended up buying a couple of Alfas and a Chevy Day-van, and I bought a couple of Alfa Spiders (one of which I still have) and a Sunbeam Imp, which I ran for a few years before selling it in Holland