View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3870677)   #3241
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter (Morley).

You clearly have a decent grasp on the working of the EU, and perhaps understand the benefits better than people like me do. I voted to leave, but did not even attempt to understand the ramifications of the decision, anymore than I attempted to understand the 'benefits' of joining in the first place. I was always dead against that, and curse Major for dragging us in.

I vote on instinct believing that as a nation the UK is better off looking after itself, and not getting involved politically with continental Europe.

It is a sort of unashamed 'jingoism', probably as a result of growing up at war with Germany and having to save most of Europe from the Nazis.
I might be selfish at 81 years old, but am prepared to suffer years of hardship to escape the dead hand of Brussels.

It is not all logic, mostly 'gut instinct', but that is the best reason as far as I am concerned.

having stated my position I do find your posts most interesting, and well presented, who knows I might even change my mind.

Kind regards,

Bob.