View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2020, 07:45 (Ref:3998599)   #1710
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am not sure if it is just how that article is written or what, but it is a jumble of contradictory statements. Ranging from "Dorilton Capital is completely independent" to then acknowledging that Dorliton manages a fund using someone else's money. Both statements can be "sort" of true at the same time in that yes, Dorilton manages the fund and yes the money comes from elsewhere, but in reality everyone has a boss and that includes Dorliton. Whoever is providing the money for the fund that bought Williams is the boss of Dorliton in this respect.

As to being asked if it is Bernie. Assuming it is true, and also assuming it is not supposed to be public, what do we expect them to say when questioned? "Oh, darn, you asked the correct question. Yes it is him. You got us."

People lie all the time in these situations. Especially if they are bound by confidentiality agreements.

It would be interesting if Bernie was the backer. But whoever is the backer may remain a secret.

Richard
In my experience of motorsport, and especially of Formula One, generally the stronger people deny things, the more likely they are to turn out be true.
I think it would be great if it is Bernie who is behind it. He has the money, and could just be doing his old ally Frank a favour whilst also giving himself another opportunity to get involved in Formula One and create some mischief again!