Thread: Rumours 2022 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4058032)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/24/...-as-team-mate/

Interesting...

If not, and Russell replaces him, I could see Bottas replacing Raikkonen at Alfa Romeo. Kimi is having a poor season and it might be time for him to retire. Despite Giovinazzi's good start to the season, I don't think he has done enough to suggest he will ever be a Ferrari driver, so Ferrari may drop him from that second seat to be replaced by one of their juniors (Ilott or Schwartzman, maybe).

Zhou to Williams would be a good move if Russell leaves. It would be nice to see De Vries in Formula 1 as he is an F2 champion, but I think this is unlikely. I expect Latifi to remain at Williams, as there aren't really any seats higher up the grid available to him.

The thing is Merc can’t wait forever with regards to Russell. So they might not want to cave into Lewis’ demands. Could be like Ferrari signing Kimi, despite Schumi preferring someone not as fast

For me and other Antonio has been an unsung hero this year. Just quietly got on with the job and rarely made mistakes, with some decent finishes. Be nice if he could go on for a bit

I would so love to see de Vries in F1 too. The thing is Williams would need to find backing, so they didn’t need to rely on Latifi