Thread: Rumours 2022 Silly Season
View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2021, 00:58 (Ref:4058077)   #105
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ssell-question

Hamilton's contract, along with Russell and Bottas, comes to an end this year, with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff hoping to sign Hamilton on a 'multi-year deal,' however, the Briton remained coy about the details.

"We have begun discussions, and, not a lot to say - just we have had discussions and things are positive so... and yes, Valtteri is my team-mate now, and both of us have had ups and downs in our careers, but as I said he is a fantastic team-mate and I don't necessarily think that needs to change."

When pushed by Tom Clarkson in the FIA's F1 press conference on Thursday for a word on Russell as a viable option, Hamilton replied "Doing what?"
The last comment, if that's what Hamilton said about russell, could be interpreted so many ways. It sounds dismissive of russell. Like in a "why are we talking about someone else when bottas is here?" at best, and at worst, the start of a mind game with him. Like a little dig at him, knowing he's going to be his teammate next year, so he's starting the mind games now in preparation for a challenger a little tougher than bottas. Could be another hint that russell is in for sure come next year.