View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2000, 17:33 (Ref:16476)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The idea that scrutineers are causing the reduction in entries for the Historic Touring Car Championship or indeed any other championship is, in my opinion, a little silly. I remember those BMWs from the early days of the championship. They were a professional team and ran, as a works team should. The problem was that the majority of entrants were amateurs and as such there was a lot of complaint about that operation. Dieter Quester was one of the drivers. Scrutineers can only ensure that the cars meet the regulations, they don’t make the regulations. However if a car is outside the regulations then it must be made correct or excluded until it is corrected.

I think the main problem lies with the organisation rather than the way that the regulations are imposed. Florian posted the calendar earlier in the season but it had few rounds. Now they are going to Donington, which is an extra round. A stable calendar means that teams and drivers can plan.