Old 10 Jun 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2895197)   #32
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I really can't imagine car manufacturers having any interest in that concept. At least there is interest from the OEMs in electric motors. The Deltawing concept can run in any old spec car class. It's not like it's a design that needs to be tested in endurance racing. An electric car going the distance with decent speed would be quite a statement.

Of course, ideally something like the 918 RSR or even the Porsche GT3 hybrid that ran at Petit last year would be the 56th entry. That would combine technology, performance, endurance, and sensual appeal.
I'd rather seen the 918RSR or the GT3 Hybrid come as a demo entry! It should have been this year already. Wasn't Peugeot to come at this years LM with a 4th car Hybrid entry?... Instead we got the Hope-vision entry but that wasn't even sure of entering because the ACO got it barely eligible in time... Aren't they the ones who want progression to see a future clean racing series where people still enjoy racing and still can with renewable energy resources.. Why for heavens sake a kiddy car instead of integrating it into the current/future regulations... Want more spectators? Or do you guys have your hands full on those who come for the Audi/Peugeot(wanted AMR)battle and want to drop the number of fans?...
As much as I like the old rumbling V8's and whining V12's, thundering your eardrums down your bum while passing by, I understand that there is a need for changes. But do not make it a laughable showcase for nutters.
Is this the end already with the Fia barely invited to LM by the ACO, are times that bad to come with a landspeed car to LM. As much as I would like to see a demo of an audi/peugeot battling a F1 car for a lap. This isn't the right way of stimulating electrical cars which aren't into a current class at all.. What is the problem of electrical cars on the road and petrol engines @ LM?... I would turn in my petrol fuel for that if it had to be that way... As much as I dislike the whole hybrid/electrical car idea (where does that energy come from? from the sky?.. or just from a powerplant (what a eco friendly alternative to fosilfuel cars!...)