View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3801133)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK the main issues are these.

BTRDA final round is the same weekend, and the next weekend is BRX final round.

WRX teams will be en route to South Africa, that bastion of rallycross history. So there will be nothing other than historics, rage buggies with a few notional guest appearances. ERX run different regs, so while you might get Scotts guys (he would probably change the cars maybe) no-one else unless they are paid travel money will come I imagine.

GRC usually gets about 12 cars max, so this is about the same price as WRX 2017, which is a bigger series but IMG would not allow Lydden to run anything like as good a show as it could because of the supposed pit issues, nonsense, they simply didn't get enough gate money to warrant putting ERX on there.

It's a cash grab pure and simple, and sadly I can see through that as easily as I hope a few more do, it's October, it's cold, no-one will camp. And it's two meetings in two days to make sure the yanks all turn up! And also so they can charge the same both days, max profit.

Call me cynical but I can see through this crap too easily sorry.

It's great GRC is coming, but why not just for once for Gods sake put something before profit, try and get people interested, it's a crap date, it's not nice weather like WRX usually is, make it an easier, less profit based choice FFS instead of doing what you've done.